Wednesday, October 13, 2010

An Ikea Adventure

My parents were gracious enough to purchase the nursery furniture.  With that said, Saturday we decided to adventure to Ikea for a day of furniture shopping.  It was a really good time!  Even my dad had fun!  I fell in love with the Hemnes line and picked up a twin bed, night stand, and 3 drawer dresser along with the gulliver crib and expedite bookshelf.  It's all simply beautiful and very sturdy.  This was my first Ikea furniture purchase, and I am extremely pleased.  All we have left to put together is the twin bed.  Now the task of figuring out how to arrange the room.

I decided it was pointless to have a changing table and thought it would be cheaper and easier to put a changing pad on top of the dresser.  Since we're cloth diapering lil Jake, I figured it would be easier to have the dresser closer to the door.  I don't know if I'm crazy about this, but I think it will work.  It's a quicker run to the bathroom to dump the poo.


Inside of the night stand.
The expedite!  We purchased the baskets at Home Depot.
\
Bernie had to get in on the picture action.  That's his blue blankey that he drags around everywhere.  Maybe we should have named him Linus?
I kept telling him to fix his ear, but he doesn't listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment