Friday, November 5, 2010

Potato Soup

It's that time of year again.  Time to start using the pressure cooker more along with the slow cooker and of course...soup season.  I was really craving some baked potato soup Monday  night, since it was so cold and blustery out. 

Prep:
12 slices bacon
2/3 cup margarine
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
7 cups milk
4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 green onions, chopped (toppping)
1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

I started by slicing up my bacon and frying it.  Nummy nummy bacon! 

 Then I melted my butter.
 And slowly added the flour to make a rue.
Added my milk, continuing to stir and make sure everything is mixed well.

 I added 4 very large peeled potatoes and gently brought my soup to a boil.
 And...you guessed it...stir, stir, stir, stir!!  When the potatoes were fork tender, I reduced the heat to a simmer, added my fixins...cheese, bacon, sour cream, and whatever else you'd like, let that go for about 10 minutes, and then serve!

1 comment:

  1. mmm! That soup looks amazing - I might just have to add that to my weekend to-do list!

    ReplyDelete