Sunday, March 20, 2011

Two Weeks Post Launch

We're over 2 weeks into this wild roller coaster, and I've learned a lot....about myself, Jeff, babies....even the dog! 

As of right now we're still on a 3 hour feeding schedule with a little cluster feeding inbetween.  Breast feeding just didn't work out for me.  Jake was in the NICU for several days because of his sugar, and I was forced to pump.  When his low blood sugar finally stabalized, I was mentally unable to put him to breast.  I had to see with my own eyes how much he was taking in.  In the back of my mind, I thought his sugar would drop again.  With pumping every 3 hours, feeding, and changing...I was losing his mind, and then I gave up.  After a week, I decided to throw in the towel.  I could not strap myself to that chair anymore.  Jake was already supplementing with formula, so I decided to just go with formula all together.  It was a huge disappointment for myself, but Jeff was very understanding and supportive. 

Without rambling, in a nutshell...the biggest thing I've learned in the past 2 weeks is that things don't always go as planned, and I just need to roll with the punches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment