Tuesday, March 29, 2011

bAWK!

Why did the chicken cross the road?  To hop into my cart!  Ok that was lame.  But Kroger had chicken in bulk on sale last week, and me being the frugal ooo-gal that I am, I picked up a big pack.  Now what to do with it?  I'm horrible at chicken recipes.  It always comes out so bland, and we're just beef people.  Not anymore!  So I got the great idea to start with this....
But Ti!  That's not chicken!  Those are crepes!   Yes!  That's what you're thinking.  But this is just the start to my madness....

In this month's edition of Taste of Home Cooking magazine that my aunt signed me up for...and the bastard's didn't even spell my name right on the subscription....they had a whole article on crepes.  I remember making crepes as a little girl with my mom and having flipping competition.  It was fun!  I had so much fun with my mom in the kitchen.  It can't be that hard making crepes!  Right?  Wrong!  When I get carpal tunnel syndrome, I'm going to look back at this post and think of all those damn crepes I flipped and swiveled around in a pan that Monday night. 

After making 20-some paper thin crepes...I had this great recipe from the magazine for filling.  It was a chicken and mushroom mixture in a white sauce.  Yum! 

A little too much flash there...
And here they are!  All stuffed and rolled and read to go in the oven to bake! 

It didn't turn out too bad.  I wasn't crazy about it, but Jeff loved it.  But then again...Jeff will eat just about anything, so I never know if he's being honest or not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment